Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonaldD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post
Spoken to the dealer ? What did they say ? So if re ordering you would spend over £3k for BO?
The system is working as intended. I can get decent sound from lossless audio via usb but only at high volume. Bluetooth sounds mediocre at all volumes. I did not spend nearly as much time with the HK before ordering it but assumed it would be good enough. I spent a lot of time testing the F15's B&O system and had convinced myself it wasn't worth it...I was wrong. You're already spending 895 on the HK so B&O only adds ~2,600.

I happily passed on the B&O system in the 640 gran coupe - the B&O system did not seem well implemented and I am content with the HK. I was expecting a similar experience with the f15 but was blown away by its clarity. The system actually gave me goosebumps while listening to a few of my test tracks. I struggled with the price and ultimately convinced myself it wasn't worth it. Now I wish I had it. The f15's B&O system seems to be superior to BMW's other implementations. Given what I know now: Yes, I absolutely would have ordered mine with B&O. As it is, I'll likely be ordering the parts and retrofitting it or I'll wait and see what bavsound's stage one upgrade has to offer.
Very frank help mate really appreciate it!

I think the X5 had huge space advantages to get the most out of surround sound systems. I went to the dealer for HK help once and he tried convincing me that the equalizer was just another bass booster.... Doesn't help at all.

On the bigger engine models BMW should certainly reduce the cost of big ticket items like night vision and BO