03-22-2018, 09:15 PM   #92
alvav
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that I didn't do all of my necessary homework because I didn't uncover the fact that the CPO would have major failure 6 months down the road? The CPO and the runner up from the private seller still had over a year left on the manufacturer's warranty so this repair would have been covered either way.

You are missing the point... the CPO isn't necessarily the best choice when shopping for a pre-owned car. Take my X5 for example, it has been meticulously serviced and cared for, and has never had a single issue. I will likely sell it before the factory warranty expires and you will not find it on a BMW used car lot in the form of a CPO because it will be sold privately. I will disclose all of the details of my ownership and provide helpful insight to all potential buyers. The new owner will then have the remaining factory warranty and they will have the option to purchase an extended warranty if they choose to. As a used car buyer, I would much rather have this type of a buying experience than rolling the dice with a random used car salesman who is willing to say anything to make the deal and make his monthly quota. CPO or not, you will likely never know the car's true history from the dealer.

Is all of that really free, or did you actually pay a premium for it up front in the form of a CPO?

I'm assuming you mean "Without CPO and Out of Warranty". If I still own the car when it is out of warranty, I will take it to a reputable independent shop and avoid the dealership premium.

Uh, how are you going to get a warranty from BMW when buying from an individual?
Appreciate 0