View Single Post
      08-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #17
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
I just learned today (from a post on Bimmerfest) that my Pirellis actually had a one year warranty that meant Discount Tires should have replaced the tire with a screw at no cost to me.

None of my previous RFTs had such a policy and neither my BMW deal or Discount Tires told me about the one year Pirelli warranty. Discount Tire said replace at least two tires and really four and my BMW dealer wanted me to replace all four tires.

I like the Pirellis more than previous RFTs given me by BMW so I plan to buy another set of Pirellis but I want this warranty in print so I will not be denied should another wayward screw find my car in the future.
Well yet another nail got into the same tire that I patched and with 20K miles I ordered a new set from Discount Tires.

I thought the rep said their extended warranty was "lifetime" and would cover road hazards. I put down a deposit and am waiting for the rear tires to be delivered to my shop in a few days. I guess I will need to check the date of the front tires that are stored locally.

The back of the DT form says their warranty is for 3 years and pro-rated down to 3/32" of remaining tread. If I understand the lawyer language, it looks like if I get a "free" replacement tire that I must turn around and purchase another warranty for that tire + pay for permanent balancing. The form further says that using the DT warranty voids the manufacturer's warranty.

Anyone have insight on how this plays out in the real world? Since DT cannot plug a Pirelli RF does that not mean that any screw or nail would require a replacement tire?

Also, does anyone know a link that describes in detail the Pirelli warranty? Is this BF accurate? http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...73&postcount=6

Edited to say that the Pirelli link I wanted is apparently https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/.../tire-warranty

Last edited by Xeno; 08-04-2016 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0