Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_do33 View Post
No matters how many times I see in on the road or on ad, the front is very aggressive with a great new interior but the Side and Rear view are ugly and less sporty.

i swear bmw is thinking like Mercedes C class current model, aggressive front with a horrible behind. The 2015 model however looked perfect.

BMW put your thinking cap back on damn it.
el_do, I initially had the same point of view as you...I didn't like the rear design...but once you start looking at the options of how else they could have done it, you come to realize that they have actually done a decent job.
The F15 is a bit bigger than the previous Gen and the rear design reflects that point...the mistake, Mercedes has done on its ML. The car is lifted up in front (design wise) but has failed to do so at the rear...the taillights are "crying" or as if they are "melting" if you will...
I agree that BMW has proportionately a smaller rear taillights compared to the size, but harmonizing the "lift-up" of the design was very good IMO...I just saw one passing me by in the highway yesterday, he came behind me at a speed of approx. 150km (100miles) and when I had to pull right and as he was passing...I viewed the car's front and back almost simultaneously, and I must say, it is not that bad...it works! ...my 2 cents...
Appreciate 0