Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretender View Post
Thank you. Cold weather is really not that worthy in California. It's ordered by the dealer as is.
For the 3rd row, I think it's worth for me because I have 7 people in the house. I would say it's ok for small folks like 5'5" or less in the third row WITH the condition that second row has to be adjusted all the way forward. I'm only 5'8" and my wife 5'4" in the front row so we can move up the seats a little to give extra room for second row while my father in law at 5'5" and a 5'1" teenager in the third were totally ok. Long distance trip can be problematic. I wouldn't recommend any trip more than 2 hrs in the third row for teenagers or older.
1 sacrifice: cargo space. With 7 seats in use, you will have only little cargo space left around the size of 2 carrying on luggages. It's not like Tesla X that I tried lol.
Btw, I had running boards installed and honestly, I hate the look because I have M-Sport. My wife requested it and didn't have any choice...;(
Thank you, I always wanted to see how M Sport would look with running boards, do you have pictures? I didn't even think you could make themdo it.

PS: Now that I think, I believe when I looked at the 3-row X5, they did NOT slide the 2nd row forward..That might be why I thought it was totally useless because there was almost no legroom. Plus, instead of me, slightly taller than 6' trying it, I should have asked my wife and son to sit back there. There is no ISO tether on 3rd row, right?

Yes, not only the cargo space, you also lose the magic space (spare compartment with no spare) by getting 3rd row. Sure, less space for us to hoard stuff, but still, I always used it to keep clutter like the ikea bags, bike pump, hazard triangle, few detailing/clean up products, etc..
Here the pix
Attached Images

Flying Ace4984.50