View Single Post
      08-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Visual tastes are subjective but my reasons are identified by pink circles on the attached picture.

The side profile to me looks to resemble a minivan with the slant downwards of the back end.

The rear looks exactly like a X3 which I find it to be ugly with the tail lights slanting upwards.

The front is just disaster for me. Following the current F series the headlights extend to the grill in a awkward way... I think the front air dam or inlet looks weird and kind of resembles the pre-LCI of the E70 which I didn't like either. The current E70 Air inlet looks much better and resembles the M Sport or ///M.

I suspect the LCI F15 will have better visual enhancements. Hopefully the front will be improved!

As I have mentioned before, the interior to me is much nicer though!

But then again I did skip the F10 ( exterior looks and steering feel ) after having 2 E60's in the past 6+ years..
None of the areas you pointed out look awkward at all. Its different compared to your E70 which I suspect is your main issue with the F15. We don't expect Bmw to come out with a all new model looking just like the old one right... As for the side profile looking like a minivan its not like Bmw changed the entire shape of the X5. Overall shape is still there so if you think the F15 looks like a minivan then so does the E70. Again i think most of the resentment towards the new car is due to buyers remorse from people with the 13's E70's. Nothing personal but I see this happen all the time and hell i would feel the same way myself.

Alan