View Single Post
      08-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
None of the areas you pointed out look awkward at all. Its different compared to your E70 which I suspect is your main issue with the F15. We don't expect Bmw to come out with a all new model looking just like the old one right... As for the side profile looking like a minivan its not like Bmw changed the entire shape of the X5. Overall shape is still there so if you think the F15 looks like a minivan then so does the E70. Again i think most of the resentment towards the new car is due to buyers remorse from people with the 13's E70's. Nothing personal but I see this happen all the time and hell i would feel the same way myself.

Alan
Buyers remorse? Nope not at all. I knew well that there will be a new design 2014. I also never purchase a first model year from BMW... I could have stuck with my previous E60 another year and wait out for the F15 if I wanted it. However as I mentioned the steering feel which is numb to me discouraged me to get the F10 and I suspect the same thing with the F15.

If you examine the side profile you will see that the geometry is different.
Which gives it the minivan look at least to my eyes.

And as I said looks are subjective.. what you find interesting I and others may find dull... The continuation from the headlight to the grill to me in awkward looking...
Appreciate 0