View Single Post
      09-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #1117
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermn View Post
Spoke to my CA today and no clarification yet on the dates of delivery, "we still have to wait, only 4 weeks past from the date of order". He has also told me that according to his database the status of production is #155 "Assembly finish/quality check" as of August 30. He mentioned that there is no signs of parts shortage at the moment.
Still frustrated...
That's weird... You might consider calling BMW NA at 800-831-1117. From there track your production number and then speak with a representative. They usually have good real-time information, although I've found that my dealer has pretty much the same information.

As a data point, I ordered my X5 on July 30, and it went into production around August 17. My recollection is that it took a little over one week to exit production and clear the VPC in Spartanburg. From there it traveled via rail to the VPC in Oxnard, and was released to Waggoners Trucking Monday (9/15) and is in transit to Portland with an ETA of either Thursday night (9/18) or Friday morning. So for me, the whole experience will have been a little over 6 weeks. In the scheme of things, not too bad.

It's frustrating when you're waiting, but when you receive her you'll quickly forget that angst. I told my daughter the same thing about the iPhone 6, BTW.