02-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #45
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive30dGeorge View Post
about to order my new x30d here in the UK. have picked almost all the options, but one thing that annoys me is whether i should take the Adaptive Comfort Suspension or if it will be a waste.

I test drove the standard suspension today at the local dealer. Though not the greatest (I am coming from a 2007 330d which has a super stiff suspension), I was quite happy with the feel of the drive. Will the Adaptive Comfort give me a much better ride quality or is it only marginal over the standard?

Can anyone help me understand how these suspension options will be selected in the car itself? Generally, I tend to find myself not using too much certain features that are either difficult to get to or is quite painful to setup. So with the adaptive suspension, if getting the right setting involves many settings thru the drive controller each time, then I will skip it. Any help from someone how has either of the adaptive suspension systems already fitted?

Thanks a ton. This will be my first brand new BMW (always had hand me downs or used cars before), so super excited.
Hi 'george'. I too was concerned about the suspension, coming from my current 3D SE E70 and test drove the 3D M Sport and was REALLY impressed with the way the car handled. I live in the country, LOTS of pot holes etc so drove the test car over as many as possible and it was fine. Not at all like my current SE or the old M Sport. So I ordered w/o the ACS and saved myself a few bob but spent it on other options instead

PS Its due to be delivered Easter weekend...can't wait
Appreciate 0