View Single Post
      05-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #27
Phaeron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
another BMW that doesn't look like BMW nor (probably) handles better than its predecessor.
Uhmm.... what year BMW do you own? Everything made in the 2007 to 2011 was a rapid departure from the old BMW design. All BMWs made in 80s, 90s, and early 2000s were all square bodied cars. The massive redesign of 2007 saw the BMWs have rounded bodies much like Audi.

As for what out handles what. It has already been proven that the newer cars out handle their predecessors. Example a new three series with all season tires will out handle an old three series with summer tires...

The only people who are complaining about the handling of the new BMWs are american Magazines. It is odd how Europe is giving BMW great reviews while C&D, Motortrend, and Road and Track are reporting an almost different car. Hell, Topgear loves the current M5 and M6 which both did not get good reviews from C&D. I will take Topgear who doesn't go running to VW for ad money and has a WAY BETTER test driver then C&D before i take C&D's opinion which will invalidate itself when they do a lightning lap.

I cannot wait for the 2013 Lightining Lap where the review will be a complete 180 like it always is. Consistency is not a hallmark of American reviewers.
Appreciate 0