05-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #34
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeron View Post
All you feel is the road noise which most people MISTAKE for true communication which you will never feel unless you have driven a car that does not possess power steering.
Hence why I made two sepeerate categories. Steering feel and steering feedback. Go ahead and count it if you would like, you'll find it is indeed two.

Quote:
SO what is Handling? Handling is the ability of the car to respond to sudden commands. Grip is the ability of the car to stick to the road in a turn. The test of grip is the amount of Gs a car can do in a turn. That is Grip. You do not need your steering wheel to tell you when you are at the Apex of your grip. Your tires will signal that to you way before the steering wheel will know. Handling is the car ability to react to sudden command like the Slalom. Where you are juking the car with sudden directions.
Hmmm. It seems like one of your heroes at Top Gear disagrees with you in this article. Pay particular attention to this passage. "This is what handling is really about in the broader sense; the ability of the machine to feed information back to our receiving apparatus so that we can act minutely on it.

The higher the fidelity of the feedback, the more precisely we can use it."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ng-wheels.html

Quote:
No the Bullshit is the lies you are SPEWING on this forums. You do not even know the difference between handling and grip. I doubt you even know how to drive a car on the track.
I love watching people who are so sure they are right make an ass of themselves. I just found an article by the presenter of the television show that you used as an example to justify your claim, and he agreed with my definition. If you want to come at me further, then by all means. I will enjoy the entertainment, in fact I will relish your combination of ignorance and stubbornness. Alas, I am done with this argument as I accomplished what I set out to do. Prove you wrong using sources you cited.
Appreciate 0