View Single Post
      03-14-2023, 03:22 AM   #17
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmansiddiqui95 View Post
Well that data is not proveable. As you now own the vin and it's all yours at that point. I told them I was first owner knowing all the above. They asked me what dealership it was purchased originally. I told them what I saw on Carfax as first sold dealership. They knew about the other names on service history aswell but never brought that as a problem as they don't know if a family member or friends brought the car to service or who it is. Really is not an issue. Corporate than went ahead and issued an approval on goodwill but I still declined there offer as I was just testing them to see if the customer service is any good. That was solely for goodwill repairs but warranty campaign's should still be granted to 2nd owners as that is what the warranty transfer policy says. As for me goodwill is only for first original owner and it still was not an issue. Sometimes people transfer cars to there kids and it leaves a ownership transfer. But at end of the day is it really a different owner🤔
What # owner you are shouldn't make any difference to goodwill or warranty/recall work. BMW paid over $7k in goodwill for work on a car that I bought at ~120k and this was never even part of the conversation. In OP's case, I assume class action would be different and pursuant to the terms of whatever agreement was made on this suit.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0