08-28-2019, 03:07 PM   #46
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranswick852 View Post
OP, any chance you can upload, or PM me, the installation instructions, particularly the wiring options. I'm very keen on this especially if I can get it raising & lowering as I turn the radio on/off. Don't know if it makes any difference but I have the HK system fitted
Hey I also have the HK system, the instructions where in Chinese and from a 5 series.

The instructions also showed wiring to the quad lock connector from behind the stereo. So you would need to disassemble the truck and pull your system out.

I just removed the top speakers cut the hole and fished the wires down to the fuse box and wired up the ground, power and ACC, no disassembly needed. they told me that you can get it to go up and down with the stereo but need an additional relay, not sure if they sell it but that comes with other instructions I wasn't given. Best to ask them.

I'll take some screen shots and post what I have but to understand the broken English is another task.

Also I was reading what this unit does from the B&O website about the center speaker and this is what they say. So I imagine this is an upgrade to the HK system regardless just because of the design vs stock.

"Bang & Olufsen's Acoustic Lens Technology distributes sound horizontally with 180˚ of dispersion left to right."

So far i ended up buying all the B&O speaker covers and illuminated tweeter cover and will install them here soon, figured it add a little nice detail for my otherwise all black interior.

I'm going to be replacing all my speakers with drop in FOCAL speakers and drop in SUBwoofers here after that. Then get a custom sub enclosure made in the left side access panel of the x5 for some further lows, since mines a 40e I have no room under the rear access panel as it's where all the batteries are.

From reviews on the HK vs the B&O systems it seems the HK fall flat on the deeper base levels than the B&O has and after subs are installed the B&O systems vs HK system becomes null.

But again just what I heard so instead of terrine everything apart to install a B&O system for minimal gains, I'll just do as many recommended and that's install better speakers and a sub and be better than all the OEM systems, but still have a cool look of the B&O.
Appreciate 0