View Single Post
      02-22-2024, 08:22 PM   #1
Cameron711
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 f15

Battery died and doors don’t lock unlock with key, pls help!

Hi all! First post here but I’ve been so lucky to have had this forum to help me through some diy x5 issues! Recently I’ve had battery discharging fast issues. So with the help of this forum I was able to remove and replace both the main and aux battery and register the battery using BimmerLink.

And then the car purred for 3 weeks, and even went on a 800 mile round trip without any issue. The day after the road trip, the car wouldn’t start. Like not turn or anything. In fact the lights wouldn’t turn on, no electronics would work. I looked at all battery terminal connections to make sure nothing got dislodged and all looks good. So I jumpstarted the car, let the battery charge and it was reading over 14v when running and 13v when off, which from what I read means battery is strong and alternator is doing its job. The past 24 hours it seems to be holding battery charge and starting as it should.

The issue I have now is neither key unlocks or locks the car. When the key is in the car the engine starts though. I don’t have to hold it to the steering wheel it just needs to be in the car. I changed batteries on both key fobs just in case and still no luck. Any idea where to start?
Appreciate 0