View Single Post
      08-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #16
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Thanks guys! I agree with the fact that drilled rotors lose a bit performance due to holes - that's simple physics and less area for friction. No doubt about that. But I read some tests in motor trend if I remember correctly and difference is not that much - single digit numbers and it was only noticeable on the track. Thus I'm thinking for everyday driving it won't matter as much in terms of performance, but it's the looks I like and I'm trying to decide if spending $$ is worth it haha

I can just change rotors and keep stock calipers - most economical option I guess. Cheapest drilled/slotted rotors I found were about $120/$150 Front and Rear per rotor Centric/StopTech - not the best quality brand, but gets the job done. Still looking into other economical options
Here is what is going to happen with cheap probably chinese made rotors. A few times coming off the highway at 65 and high temp braking on the exit ramps, cheap rotors will warp and develop hotspots. Then for the rest of the time they are on your car you will get vibration in the steering wheel when braking. Usually cheap rotors cant be turned to renew them. Hotspots become part of them anyway.
Then it eventually it passes on to cupping your tires and now you can enjoy vibration at certain speeds usually 65-70 mph.

But hey, if you prefer the looks of cheapo rotors with holes over OEM BMW rotors . . . then go for it :
Appreciate 0