View Single Post
      01-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #11
kalW
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoSS View Post
If you already ordered you pay what you agreed per contract.
+1 to this, but the contract seems a bit odd.

I signed on Dec 15, 2015 and the "additional terms" on the contract which appear to be the standard form that all dealers use around here (Ontario Canada) states:

Quote:
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): For a new Vehicle the Base Vehicle price and the prices of optional extras are the manufacturer's suggested retail prices for a Total MSRP. If you are ordering the Vehicle for me and there is any increase in the Total MSRP after the date of this Agreement, any price increases will be added to the Total Sales Price of the Vehicle. If I do not want to pay for the price increases, you will have the right to waive any price increases or to cancel this Agreement and return my Deposit
So not sure why the text I highlighted in bold is even listed if you can just say "I don't want to pay the extra".

FWIW, out of the dozen or so dealers I contacted in Ontario and Quebec (between Toronto and Montreal) only one included the $300 extra cost on their quote when I was shopping in mid December, likely because they didn't have allocation and couldn't honour the existing pricing. Though the additional terms doesn't get into those specifics. It simply states that if you've signed, your price is good. (The dealer would have to swallow the $300 extra fee if they didn't have allocation).

Kal

Last edited by kalW; 01-19-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0