United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Just emailed you the pictures.
I may made a quick DIY in the forum under someone's thread.
Maybe next week I will make another thread specifically to do that.
To cut the tip, get the saw and the blade from Home Depot, that probably will cost you less than $100. Just be careful since you will be working upside down.
Also, measure it with the bumper on before you start cutting. I never give it an exact measurement, since what I did was a diesel, and the pipe length may be different.
So cut it so the pipe from the muffler will be sitting inside the new tip. Then clamp on. Better to cut a little long than too short, since you will then need to bring it to a muffler shop to fix them.
See in the attached picture, the tip's pipe end to the muffler have a slit on it. Make sure the muffler's outlet pipe long enough to sit inside and passed that slits, so when it is clamped, no exhaust gas will leak out.

Attachment 1482313
hello, did you post the DIY pictures of the installation? just wondering where exactly I have to cut the OEM pipe
thanks in advance!
You have to measure it by putting the new pipes against the original and cut about few inches outward to have the new pipe to slip in and clamped securely.
If you don't know, I suggest to have muffler shop to get it done. Because when you screw up, there is no turning back. Then you will have to have the muffler shop to fix it for you.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0