05-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_08 View Post
Thanks! It helps. The adaptive M suspension actually is included with M line.
DHP cost $4500 and I'll try to find x5 with it to test so I can see if it's worth it.
That's what I initially thought until I did research here on the forum. If you find a window sticker of a M Sport car, you'll see that under the M sport Package, you get standard suspension.
M adaptive suspension is a $900 option. On a 70k car, might as well go for it.

Like you, I'm used to heavy steering. I have had hydraulic steering in my last three cars. I was pretty disappointed when I test drove the X5 and the steering was so light. What are you doing to do, right? Seems to be the direction cars are going in.
Maybe future BMW owners will be lucky and BMW will drop electric steering and revert back to hydraulic, like Infiniti is doing with the Q50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler35is View Post
Good luck finding a X5 with DHP on the lot.

I tried, Memphis, Nashville, Huntsville, Birmingham, & Atlanta with no luck of getting to drive a DHP X5.

In the end I just trusted what I had read about the package and I am pleased with it. I had already optioned out this X5 to $100k, what was another 4.5 gonna matter.
That's funny because I never built a car before, so I never knew what options I "needed to have". Apparently while playing with the car builder on BMW's site, I need so many things I never knew I needed.
I agree with you though, might as well add it.
Appreciate 0