10-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #81
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
we got the driver assistance plus package which includes the active blind spot detection, active driver assistance, speed limit, and surround view. - $1900

No stop and go - and now I'm kinda wishing we included it - which is an additional $1200

so the package would be $3200 for both on 50i (Driver assistant plus and stop and go)

(honestly just for the fact I think the wheel looks weird with buttons missing)
and since I know my fiancé will be sitting rush hour traffic to and from work

but alas - we were already over budget and figured we'd rather make the vehicle more fun vs more automated
Exactly my dilemma. Sounds like maybe the packaging for this is the same, 35 vs. 50. For 1900 we could get the driver assistance plus, which forces you to also get the driver assistance for another 1400. My wife actually doesn't like the head-up display on my F30 (I love it), and I also don't like the surround view, seems too busy and hard to see compared to regular back-up camera (which is awesome on that huge screen, btw). So I was looking at the ACC Stop and Go + Active Driving Assistant for 1900 instead of 3300 for the other 2 packages. I actually don't care about the ACC stop and go, just looks to be a cheaper way to get just the pieces I actually do want, the blind spot, etc.
Appreciate 0