View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #23
rahassell
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

UPDATE

My mechanic just called and stated he tried multiple times to recalibrate the steering angle sensor it would not accept or reset. The mechanic did say that he believe the recalibration will clear the errors but he just can't do. He tried multiple times. I was curious what did the recalibration process entailed, so I asked what did he have to do.

He states that while the computer is connected to the car, he had to do certain or required movements with the steering wheel and even drive in circles in different directions. I assume that's correct.

Do anyone have any ideas why it will not recalibrate?

He told me there was an error code reference radio. I assumed because the CarPlay module connect to the wiring harness behind the head unit, the system knows it there thus the error code. I wonder is it preventing the recalibration.

I am not sure why or if the Andream CarPlay MMI would keep the unit from recalibrating, so tonight I will uninstall the unit thus the radio error should be gone or able to reset. The mechanic will try to recalibrate the steering angle sensor again.
Appreciate 0