NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
Same here.

What are you thinking? Another SUV of different brand? Sedan? I'm split between Q7 and 5 Series. But I think Q7 is getting a redesign like the X5 and, because the 5 series just got a redesign, not sure if they have any issues. Gotta lurk the 5 series forum.

Z.
I like Audi but the Q7 its quite a beast and personally I don't care for the current model's look. Plus its due for a major re-design next year with new engines.

The SQ5 and XC60 R-Spec are very nice as well, but my fear is that they will prove to be too small.

I am not into Porsche's at all (nice but too sporty for me). I cannot stand the look of Japanese cars, and I don't think I can mentally deal with paying $60K plus for a VW, so that excludes the Taureg. Which leaves Mercedes as the only option.

My wife just got into a Genesys R-Spec (fantastic value BTW) - so I really want a crossover/mid-sized SUV.

I will probably end up with the ML550 (although they are kinda girly looking) if I do end up walking away from the X5 ... my CA says my $1000 deposit is refundable - so will see.

I did not expect these type of issues from BMW - I intend to lease, so theoretically if the X5 turns out to be a mess, I suppose its not a huge deal as long as I can get decent loaners.

No decision yet - I am mainly trying to avoid the incessant aggravation and time wasted at dealerships working out major defects. Merc leases suck ass compared to BMW - which is another issue.
Appreciate 0