General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdan2004 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Hmm, how can be the old bolt is 30mm thread with 50mm overall length still.
Post a picture of them side by side.
Also, make sure it is the same bolt diameter and thread pitch.
What I use for 5mm spcer is 35mm thread since stock is 27mm thread.
I tried to use the bolts from my previous car but they do not fit. The diameter seems to be just a bit larger (could not tell by placing them side by side). I did took a picture before my attempt.
On a side note, i took the front wheel down and then secured in place all over, this time, counting the turns. I got 6 complete turns + the extra tightening at the end using the original bolts. My question is: how do you count the turns? I started counting since the moment the bolt was secured in place (could not just pull it out, had to unscrew it). Is this what you mean by turns?
I am going to buy longer bolts anyway. Here is the picture of the bolts i tried to use. Left is the original, regular bolt, right is the original "anti theft" bolt, middle is my Mercedes bolts which sadly do not fit.
See that mercedes bolt, it looks like it have the same diameter, but the thread tightness is different. That's called thread pitch.
Also the cone shape by the base if the top hex part, you have to pay attention on it to.
Porsche, BMW, Volvo, and some others, are using different design.
If you are not using the correct one, the wheels most likely are not secured properly.
To count the turn, you mark 1 point of the hex, turn it clockwise to tighten until you see the mark again. That's 1 full turn, you may miss by 1/2 turn during initial bite, which is fine.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
menelaos1226.00