View Single Post
      05-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #268
Apple Corps
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M

viperdoc - that is one of the key questions I have as well.

First, can you really tell a difference in accelerating from 45mph to around 85mph? Most are saying yes - it is noteworthy.

Secondly, and this is your question, in comfort mode under MPPK, is the drivability maintained? I do not want an edgy M type driving experience until I shift into Sport or Sport+.

Thirdly, not interested in a louder / burbly / muscle car exhaust note. The responses on this issue are a bit mixed as I have read them.

Lastly, is the reliability of the engine impacted with MPPK? There are some posts suggesting yes as indicated by the MPPK not being available with a trailer hitch installed as MPPK pushes the engine to its "tune limit". I do not buy that at all. Take a look at what the Ford Raptor is pushing out with a 3.5 liter V6. I know, apples to oranges, but the increase strikes me as modest.

So, MPPK drivers, what will we really experience?

Update - so I got around to reading the 2014 Product Information pdf that Kzang posted and it answered the question about exhaust note - it is enabled / enhanced when in Sport mode - Good News. Also, it possibly addressed the trailer hitch issue in that the MPPK install should not be done in conjunction with an X5 sDrive - the xDrive is not prohibited. That suggests to me that it is some issue other than the engine has been tuned to the limits.

Last edited by Apple Corps; 05-07-2017 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 0