10-25-2015, 11:23 PM   #11
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw4 View Post
only reason i have not upgraded is because i feel the stock sport mode is enough to play around with, especially when you live in a city and dont have much room to open it up (maybe on-ramping and such at times). at the end of the day, I dont feel the urge to punch it every time i get a green light. anyway, my silly opinion.

that said, here are my questions: do you always drive in Sport Mode? Does the MPPK make a noticeable difference in Comfort Mode (that's typically where i usually keep it for city driving). i understand sport mode changes with MPPK, but given the fact i drive in Comfort mode most of the time, i'm curious about the experience in this setting.

Thanks
My first experience with BMW comfort mode was on my test drive of my F10 535. I came from an Infiniti Fx35, which has the similiar specs (about same weight and power), so I expected to be driving a slightly faster car. I started my test drive wondering why the hell any one raved about the powerful N55. It felt so much more slower and sluggish than my FX.
The salesman showed me a controls and put the car in sport and I instantly felt the power and wow factor. That was what a car should drive like. It never occurred to me that comfort mode can be so bland.
The Infiniti was not like that at all. It moved well in normal mode, and better in sport.

The X5's Stock comfort mode doesn't feel much different than the 535i. I press the accelerator and frustratingly waiting for the car to get going.
The MPPK make comfort a little bit more lively on local roads. It's not quite as fun as sport but I'm not as fearful of leaving the car in normal mode.

Comfort still feels the same on the highway.

My Advice:
Besides rambling about how much I hate comfort mode, I wanted to point out that not everyone feels the same way. I'm willing to bet most X5 owners drive in comfort mode, exclusively.
If you're going to buy the MPPK to make Comfort more fun, save your money. You can just put your car in sport mode, for free. I live in the city, so there aren't too many places for me to punch it, so I understand your reservations. If I were driving in comfort only, there's no need to get the kit.

Last edited by twelve535i; 10-25-2015 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 1