01-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #9032
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I guess I just always thought of Belgium being warmer than Canada. I don't find -13 to be overly cold, but I'm not walking around in a t-shirt for sure. Usually a leather jacket is warm enough, but I have a fleece jacket I bust out if I'm taking the dog for a walk for more than 30 min. But I don't enjoy the cold - I think I would like to live in Florida when I retire some 30 odd years from now.
Yeah...I see your situation . No I'm 100% sure Canada is much colder than Belgium.
Saw it on Discovery in Gold Rush and gold divers , love to watch it !
But think Alaska is really cold .

Belgium is more like extremes, cold is really cold and hot is really hot .
6 years ago we had a serious winter in Belgium , I saw temps from - 19°C and we had a month of snow it was like 50-70 cm of snow !
Dozers were required to remove the snow from our roads ...driver skills were required !

In WWII I saw from the Belgian history that we had winters of extreme temps.The American army was here in the Belgian Ardennes to liberate us from the Nazis (Hitler) while they were frozen "to death alive" surrounded by the Germans and caught in the Ardennes forests !
Americans digged holes in the forest because the Germans dropped non-stop bombs from the sky , there was no escape while the Belgian winter came with extreme freeze temps!
It was the battle of the Bulge , here you can read the story => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Bulge

Thank God we had the American and Canadian soldiers (actually true heroes) to help us over here (May their poor souls RIP)
I love to drive through the Belgian Ardennes , and everytime I pull over to visit the American and Canadian cemetery and everytime I cry when I see the countless white crosses on straight lines...
Because I realize what they have done for us !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1