View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 02:02 PM   #13433
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Leaving public was the best decision I've ever made. Fuck all of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
Haha, personal tax is a bitch! I have been to work for a grand total of maybe 6 hours this week. 10pm busy season though, in my dreams...
I did leave public!!! I'm working for myself now and I have to say, I hate my boss' guts sometimes. But I can't hate him for very long. I know - 10pm would be nothing back when I was in public accounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
It's okay. Being hourly back then weekends would bring in some serious OT money.

Salary now is 40 to 45 hours max and I'm out. Most the time it's not even a full 40, more like 35ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
Unless you're exempt from OT.
Ha ha ha - yeah, you know how it is. I remember in public accounting the employer (in my view) gleefully posting all these notices around the copiers and café indicating they had an exemption from the government from paying us overtime until we had gone past 60 billable hours per week. And I'm pretty sure that was billable - not including the admin. And unless I wanted a nice little chewing out on the other side from the partner when I was preparing the billing and our recovery was through the floor, there was no way I was getting more than 60 billable per week.
Appreciate 0