09-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #106
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
@opasha & @r33 :

can you check where you have the auto start stop OFF by default in comfort mode. in the cheat sheet its noted that it can be found in 3000. But I think I saw it in 3026. Atleast for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
I kind of had that thought too...But, the number of times I need that off would be far more than the number of times I want that to be on. That made me think to make it OFF by default. It would have been better if it allows us to turn that off in ECO PRO.

People argue that ECO PRO is for saving fuel. But we might want to save fuel by reducing the amount it allows us to accelerate where ECO PRO does that.

I don't remember if it's 3000. I think 3026 might be the right location because remember how I explained different vehicles have different locations. I pulled that code from the F10 thread. The coding was the same but I forgot the section was different. As long as the exact code name matches up then that is the correct one. I'll correct it in the OP after you code it. I don't have time right now to check it on my car. Let me know. Thanks .

Also regarding ECO-PRO, there is no way to turn it off by default in this mode. I always drive in ECO-PRO with Auto-Start/Stop OFF as well. After reading the impact on the engine, I find Auto-Start/Stop to be completely pointless and don't like the lag it creates. Let's say someone is coming at you from behind real fast and you want to get out of the way....that's one extra second the stupid feature takes away from you being able to move...not worth it in my opinion, so I just turn it off every time with the button in ECO-PRO. I'm still saving gas.