Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodog72
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGeorge View Post
So I ordered the X5 diesel over a month ago and have determined that there is some sort of delay in production of the vehicle despite not being able to get any straight answers from BMW or the dealer I placed the order with. Unfortunately I couldn't wait an undisclosed amount of time for delivery due to an upcoming move, so I reluctantly purchased a 40e as the XC90 hybrid was not available. I'm now also locked in a fight with the dealer trying to recoup the deposit I Put down to order the diesel model. I have had the 40e for a few days now and I'm completely disappointed so far. The battery sucks and I've been averaging about 25 mpg on very conservative driving. I'm seriously considering trading this vehicle in as soon as the XC90 hybrid is available. Based on this experience I am so done with BMW. If VW didn't ruin the Cayenne I would consider that as well!
I have the 40e and I think you are doing it wrong? Are you running in Sport Mode to charge the battery often? If you don't run in sport and just use comfort, then you should be getting 27 mpg. My first tank was 600 miles with a good amount of short in town drives in Max E mode. The second tank went to 500 miles with less short Max E drives. I came from a Cayenne Turbo 2008 that got 200 miles per tank, so I am happy and satisfied customer.
Amazing numbers for sure!
Wish they made the battery bigger...13 miles would barely get me to work.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0