04-10-2017, 11:37 PM   #46
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankelman24 View Post
It's funny you posted this quesiton today. I was with my BMW sales manager on Friday discussing this very thing. He said they were doing a mild refresh on the X5 for 2018 that would include subtle changes to the front and rear lights. Not much else unless they have some updated color options and package updates.
I spoke to my SA last month, he said he is not aware of any major changes, but he was still waiting to hear from BMW. Were the lights upgraded or revised since beginning of F15? While I love the visibility LED lights provide, I hated how terrible the spread was. Not to mention the bad plastic design which reflects off the lense when there is even tiniest amount of dirt is on the headlight lenses. Were the LEDs upgraded at all? Let's hope they are updating the headlight lenses not just the shapes of the lights. For rear lights, it would be nice for Amber to return, but I am not going to hold my breath.
New colors would be nice, the choices were very limited on X5. Maybe they'll add some reds or blues?

I really like the way new Discovery looks. Have to check the dimensions, though.