05-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #75
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
You mean GL450 not GLS450?
I didn't notice a whole lot of changes from GL to GLS? Can you believe GLS is narrower than X5. Most people don't realize how spacious X5 is, there is only a few large SUVs that can beat X5's shoulder room.

Interesting pictures, but does AWD version limit the room in any way? It's FWD when it's not AWD, right?
from what I can tell, there's no such limits as the Atlas doesn't have that much more features you would expect like "stow and go" seats or anything like that.

In terms of how the center diff works, I have no idea what they're using. I can't imagine they'll deviate from any other traverse engine setup: So it'll be a Haldex system or a viscous coupling: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quattr...sverse_systems

Either systems are normally 90-95% front split. So it's not to sophisticated, but what'd you expect?

Also, it appears the launch edition and the current cars are all VR6s, which means the I-4ts will all come in later in the year.

I'm serious, I think I'm probably buying this car. On paper, all the numbers and features work out. You get a lot of car for $38k. That's no money at all. Hell a minivan will cost you that much too.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 05-16-2017 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 2
iconoclast7257.50
hyde488.00