06-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #24
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
@Armen383, in your opinion, is the Opticoat Pro or the 6-layer Nano ceramic 9H treatment better? I'm new to this coating process, so I wanted to get your opinion on what works best/lasts long/doesn't cause yellowing or paint issues. Thanks!
Opasha, I'm by no means a professional detailer to give that sort of advice. I did some research on opticoat back in the days in 2011 or smth, I believe they just started back then and was only 1-layer thing - dunno if that has changed with ver 2.0 - I'm very skeptical about their "lifetime result" marketing anyway :P

There's a long comparison of different treatments with pictures, however it is in Russian - I don't know whether that'll be helpful for you even if you use google translate :P Generally that forum has loads of examples from professional detailers (some are among best of the best IMO) of 9H applications with pictures before/after (i.e. this BMW X6 Lumma - has exactly the same number of Ceramic Pro 9H layers applied as my F15 + they made the interior treatment as well) and at least in Russia and ex-USSR countries it's very popular. However I believe in the US Opticoat might be more popular, although I only saw comparisons with cquartz - and these are completely different things tbh to compare, both have pros and cons.
Appreciate 0