Thread: X5 25D reviews?
View Single Post
      06-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #123
Ikinos
Registered
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive25d

Hi to all,

Having waited four months from placement of my order, I collected my new x5 25d from my BMW dealer last March. As advised, I ran it in gently for the first 1,000 miles and have recently returned to Ireland from a holiday in the UK were I completed a 1,000 mile round trip.

The car performed like a dream and has exceeded all of my expectations in both economy and performance. The only gripe I have thus far is that I find it awkward getting in and out of the vehicle.

Being six foot tall I would not consider myself of small stature. However, I still find it awkward to both enter and exit the cabin without having to bend my head or crease the side support of the driver's seat. It is nigh impossible to enter the cabin and sit centrally in the driving seat without brushing one's weight on the side support of the seat. Incidentally I have comfort seating in the vehicle to both front and rear.

I was wondering if anyone else here was having the same complaint. I have both the seating position of the drivers seat and the steering wheel set and stored. Whilst the steering wheel adjusts to the manufacturers default position, i.e. it rises and retracts into the dash, the seating however does not seem to move.

My concern is that the side support of the driver's seat will wear very quickly. Has anyone any suggestions regarding this issue.
Appreciate 0