View Single Post
      07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #158
Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastdoc
The GL 3rd row is about the same as the new MDX. I have sat in both. I'm waiting for the Range Rover Sport to hit the showrooms so I can check that out. If it has the same 3rd row room as the GL and MDX, I'll get the Range Rover. I think it's the best looking of the bunch. The new GL looks worse to me. The new X5 looks worse to me. The MDX looks about the same but it doesn't feel very luxurious at all, about the same as a run of the mill Honda. I've never been a Range Rover fan and have always loved my BMWs, but the new X5 is just ugly enough and the new Range Rover Sport is just sexy enough that I might make the jump. I'm sure the X5 drives better and is more sporty, but I don't really care if my SUV is sporty. That's what my GT-R is for.
I hear you.
The GL third row seats are the same size as the MDX but I'm not really interested in the GL over the MDX, that just me.

The Range Rover isn't a consideration for me because this will be the primary vehicle for my wife and children and as good as the Rover looks the reliability issues associated with the vehicle are real and I'm not putting my family in that potential mess. For me, it would be pure vanity to do otherwise.

Have you seen the new X5 in person ?

So now I wait for the X7..... :-)
Appreciate 0