View Single Post
      11-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #198
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Bringing this old thread back to life, yet once again (sorry!).

Yesterday, I did an "experiment". It was not hot outside, maybe 70F (beautiful blue skies, puffy white clouds, breezy and bright sun).

I parked my new '17 35d in full sun, while I went out to lunch. I left a new, high quality thermometer in the car while I ate. When I locked the car, the car said 70/71F (thermometer was not placed in sun, but on the driver footwell, in full darkness).

When I returned over an hour later, the interior of the car was 95F. Considering outside was about 70F (or even less)...95F felt very uncomfortable.

I had my HVAC set to AUTO 70F and I even had the intensity set to max/5 bars!! 5 bars!

Now with a cabin temp of 95F, our M6 or G63 would have kicked the A/C to near max to pull the temp down to 70F as quickly as it could. If this would have been Range Rover or any Ford...it would have froze you out doing this!!!

Oh...not the F15. 70F AUTO with 5 bars of blower intensity.....cold air output, but a mere dribble of air coming out of all vents. Without any exaggeration, I could not even feel cooled air hit my face or body!

I really, really do not understand how and why a lot of our F15s behave like this. It cannot be right. I hate it actually. I had 3 E70s and 2 E53s, and A/C never behaved this poorly (oddly '06 E90 330i was as bad or worse than F15).

Ughhhhh! But, Happy Sunday!!
Appreciate 0