04-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #14
trixdout
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Those are great numbers from the dyno. Especially for AWD. Now if ///M could have shaved more than 150lbs than they did...

Indeed it is the same engine but further improved by ///M. Making a little more horsepower and a lot more torque.

I will be highly disappointed if BMW ///M's long term strategy for ///M engines is to continue to use the same exact power plants but increasing power and torque by increasing boost. If the ///M Division decides to use the same Twin Turbo V8 setup or any kind of 6 cylinder engine in the next M5, I won't be buying it. Doesn't BMW sell enough 3 Series so that ///M Division can develop an all new 3.0L Twin Turbo V10 for the next generation of M5's and M6's??! Lol! But based on the fact that the 1st generation X5M used the S63 engine and now the next generation X5M uses an improved S63tu, I am afraid for the future bespokeness of M5's and M6's. At least they'll have OLED Tail Lights though. Lol!
I doubt they increase the power solely in terms of increasing boost. Guaranteed they also change their valve timing as well as potentially different cams altogether.