View Single Post
      08-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #48
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

No one has brought the car up but it is what I bought for my daily driver and road trip car for longer trips (M3 has no spare).

I got a VW GLI.

- It has a full size spare, not a space saver. I actually used that and drove on it over 2 weeks while I ordered replacement tires when I had a flat once.
- It is the same size and space as a F30 3 series sedan with a huge trunk, you can fit a 2 full size suitcases with space to spare.
- It is fuel efficient .. normally 24 city /32 highway MPG on premium
- It doesn't have a lot of power (200hp/200tq) but with a tune it gets a nice bump (260hp/300tq) Given the car only weighs 3000 lbs, it is pretty quick when not loaded up. It'll outrun just about any WRX/Focus ST and give cars like a stock STI and Golf R a run.
- DSG Twin clutch transmission - it bangs out shifts super fast and you can slog through traffic having it shift for you
- XDS Torque vectoring for cornering - sends power to the outside wheel to help rotation and brakes the inside wheels to help
- It looks like an A4... there's so many times people have asked me about my Audi... only for me to tell them its a VW
- It's only $25k new or $15k used

Anyway, not a very grand entry but a budget conscious one. I would not replace my fun car with this... but it's a great daily.
Yes2m3cs155.00