View Single Post
      12-13-2017, 11:36 PM   #18
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

So since we didn't get an answer, I'll try to fill the void: as per other tuners Stage 1 is about 100hp and Stage 2 is about 120hp gain. So difference is only 20hp or so.
Which raises a legitimate question - why the hell should we suffer smell from catless DPs for just a mere 20hp difference (Stage 2 requires DPs)?

Another thing to consider is that all tuners give different numbers, some tuners Stage 1 is more than others Stage 2 - at least on numbers, which I think may be a BS. The things are more complicated because not many tuners properly disclose on exactly what dyno their charts are made. This is important as DynoDynamics is tougher dyno (shows less) than Mustang dyno - which in turn show less than Dynojet (btw most tuners use Dynojet in their graphs and sheets and results look a lot better than they are on let's say DynoDynamics dyno)

I can go on and on, but IMHO there should be a common denominator to all this tunes so that we can know what we are paying money for. $1300 to $1900 is not cheap. especially given that it's usually just a over the counter tunes that they sell in bulk and especially now that no more DME drilling is required - they can just sent us a file that we can upload via OBDII in under 10 min

IMHO amount of max boost in bar or psi should be one of the specs to look for in a tune - it gives you a some idea (not complete as other things are at play) of what a tune is capable of. For example I'm flashed with Stage 1 tune and I want to know if going with Stage 2 will be beneficial and I don't want to end up with less power - which is possible depending on tune.

Enough of my rant, but what I'm trying to say is that tuners need to be more open to public, they need to work with us if they want new clients and money. We need to be able to get all the answers - which we clearly did not in this thread. It's not VF-Engineering fault, almost all tuners on my experience are like that: they disappear when you asked a question. I understand they are busy, but this is the only way for them to get money - they have to understand it and work with us - otherwise people won't do it - there's too much troubles to begin with, very few will decide to have a tune on expensive car that costs $50k used

Last edited by DuSh; 12-14-2017 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 2
Jenya B144.00
FSociety3812.50