02-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #28
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZeb View Post
Chrisny - it may be the case in the states - but strange that I have only seem the one so far. Maybe lots of orders ready to arrive soon.

As for rest of this thread - you would think someone who has enough money to order an M would be smart enough to check out properly what it looks like first if being different from the standard look is all important. Might as well have just bought a standard one ! Chuckle chuckle.

Not much differece in attitude from the guy in another thread who was pretending his was an m !
I haven't seen too many around here either so it makes you wonder if they underestimated demand. So many orders taking so long, wait lists, etc.. Yet, I have only seen a couple here and there besides ours so far. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, but dealers that are used to getting 6 or 8 X5's a month are getting 1 or 2 if they're lucky… So maybe just worldwide demand exceeding expectations I guess. That and parts supply issues that seem pretty absurd but have caused major log jams.

I also think it's just in our heads a bit. Think about how many 3 series there are out there, but when the F30 first came out, it still took a while before I saw more than a couple here and there. Just takes time before the presence is there, even when they are selling… so many cars on the road in general.
Appreciate 0