View Single Post
      03-13-2023, 02:39 AM   #11
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep
Drives: BLACK 2015 528I

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitedcboy View Post
The records on the vehicle VIN that every car maker keeps will tell them. The records for vehicle registration will tell them. CARFAX and others will tell them. The service management systems (repair order write-up, accounting, parts inventory, etc, etc. software dealers pay for) has history data that feeds into it that they can look at by clicking a tab to try to give repair history whether at dealer or other. The privacy of the owners is masked usually but it can refer to that field as owner 1, owner 2, so forth. If you look at Cargurus, Autotrader for an add it will list owner count. Not a very well kept secret.
Well that data is not proveable. As you now own the vin and it's all yours at that point. I told them I was first owner knowing all the above. They asked me what dealership it was purchased originally. I told them what I saw on Carfax as first sold dealership. They knew about the other names on service history aswell but never brought that as a problem as they don't know if a family member or friends brought the car to service or who it is. Really is not an issue. Corporate than went ahead and issued an approval on goodwill but I still declined there offer as I was just testing them to see if the customer service is any good. That was solely for goodwill repairs but warranty campaign's should still be granted to 2nd owners as that is what the warranty transfer policy says. As for me goodwill is only for first original owner and it still was not an issue. Sometimes people transfer cars to there kids and it leaves a ownership transfer. But at end of the day is it really a different owner🤔

Last edited by F15_SGM; 03-13-2023 at 02:45 AM..
Appreciate 0