tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I'm a very courteous driver. I always use my blinkers. I let others merge in. I don't cut people off. I stay right except to pass. Under ordinary circumstances, I do not tailgate. That being said, do not hold me up in the left lane driving below the speed limit with no traffic ahead of you. I drives me bat shit crazy. Look in your f'ing mirror and move over. Please see signature below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
When changing lanes on the highway, I use my blinkers at the time of the move. Three obligatory clicks. I see my gap and make my move. I do not use them in advance as an invitation or please let me in. This is also to avoid those that see your blinker and speed up not to let you in.

When driving in the streets, I use them in advance. Another thing that drives me batshit crazy is when driving on a two lane roadway without left turn lanes and the person ahead of me is making a left and puts on their blinker after they have already stopped. Had you put it on in advance, I could have gone around you instead of getting stuck behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
1. I pay attention.
2. I have a fairly good amount of driving skill (trailing-throttle oversteer is my favorite).
3. I drive like I have somewhere to go.
4. I typically drive 5-10 mph OVER the speed limit.
5. I don't eat, or use my phone when I drive (except on the Interstate).
6. Every car I drive is very well maintained, I know it well, and it moves WELL.

If you mix those things with the typical clueless drivers on the road there is natural conflict. This is as much my fault as it is theirs, so it is what it is.

Not sure if that's the typical BMW driver, I think it's more typical of sports car drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I'm a courteous driver, but have very low tolerance for people who suck at driving and are not paying attention. If I'm stuck behind someone who is clearly texting and can't decide if they want to do 55 or 25 on a 50 mph road I will use my right foot to get as far away from them as possible. Wake the fuck up people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppointer View Post
I am polite, use my turn signals 100%, stay out of the left lane except to pass. Drive 10mph over, unless I am in FL where we drive quite a bit faster than that.

Speaking of FL, Joralemon st. is correct -- no one signals down here no matter what they're driving.

But I lose all sense of decency when I find someone camped out in the left lane and refusing to move over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demas View Post
I - and surely most here - love the driving experience with a machine that can confidently execute a risk managed move. That's not to say driving with the sole intent to anger other motorists - no, they just happen to be in the vicinity. There was something about the E generation cars that tended to extract this behavior more.

If you are being tailgated or flashed, the likelihood that you are the cause is very high. Then, who really is the bad driver? Most of us pay attention to the road, our line and easily get worked up when others clearly don't.

While it has negative connotations, it should be understood more in the context of confident driving. So, long live the stigma. It's a universal identity - good or bad - something other marques cannot naturally achieve. Maybe Rolls Royce and extreme wealth. - oh right, we own that too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I use my blinkers 100% of the time and am courteous to courteous drivers. I stay out of the left lane, if I see a faster car approaching I will delay my pass, allow other to merge in, etc.

Now - that being said - if you are a dickhead driver - I will be a dickhead too. You stay in the left lane so you can play on your phone - expect my hood ornament in your colon. You try and merge onto a 70 mph highway going 30 - F you - I'm not stopping for you. You slow way down in the driving lane before moving into the turn lane - expect the horn.

Do unto others and all that............
I’ve been planning to post pretty much since this thread started, but all of this is pretty much everything I would write about myself.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!