12-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #1327
Bo2Shelby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Initial Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo2Shelby View Post
I'm new to posting on the forum but have been reading all the great information that many of you share. It was tremendously helpful over the past 6 - 8 months as I settled on my purchase of the X5. Placed the order on November 1st and received the production number on 11-3. Hoping to get it before the snow starts!

xDrive 35d
Space Gray
Fineline pure wood
Cold weather pkg.
Driver assistance pkg.
Driver assistance plus
ACC Stop & Go
Dynamic Damper Control & rear air suspension
Dynamic Handling Pkg.
Mocha Interior Design pkg.
Premium
Multi Contour seats
Comfort rear seats
Rear manual window shades
Harmon Kardon
Space saver spare
Picked up my truck on December 7th and I just turned 500 miles with it and want to share my initial thoughts.
- absolutely love the mocha Nappa interior with MC seats
- the dynamic handling package is a significant improvement over the base offering. Ride is fantastic in comfort mode and a blast in sport plus mode. Trying to behave myself during the break in period though. I didn't drive any other suspension configurations so I can't speak to them.
- really enjoy the quietness of the ride. I just have the 18" wheels for the winter and will decide if it makes sense to go to larger wheels at some point in the future.
- the truck handles very well in the snow. Drove in about a foot of snow day two of having it and then through another major snowstorm during a 300 mile trip. It's not as sure footed as my wife's 4 Runner but very solid.
- the adaptive cruise control is fantastic and probably my third favorite feature behind the DHP and interior mocha & seating package.
- I have no second thoughts about going with the diesel. I averaged 25.7 MPG on the first tank which was split pretty evenly between city and highway. Like many others I love the torque with this truck. Haven't decided whether I will add the RC but I'm leaning toward it based on some of the feedback on this site.
- in my view the HK surround sound system is very good. I haven't listened to the base system or the B&O so I can't compare.
- I got the premium pkg (automatically) and really like the keyless entry but may not have ordered it if I didn't have to.
- both the cold weather package and comfort rear seats get great reviews from my kids as well as my dad who tested them out.

The last thing I'll mention is that this site has been and is a great source of information. I don't regret any of the decisions I made some of which like DHP would have been costly mistakes if I didn't end up happy with them. My hat is off to all who contribute! Thank you!
Appreciate 0