03-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #251
Apple Corps
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin350 View Post
Hey guys, I actually had a different experience with the MPPK. I have a 2017 m sport x35 and the MPPK for sure does give a huge power boost. Exhaust sounds better and there is definitely more power and more tq, but you really have to crank it up all the time. Shifts are very quick especially with the paddle shifters almost like double clutch, but having to keep it revved up all the time for me was a little pain. My avg rpm's were usually 2-3k and it went from needing to be in 3-6 all the time, very aggressive. The low end pull and daily normal driving feel completely changed for me so I flashed it back to stock. Not sure if there were any changes in 2017 though. But definitely enjoyed it while it was on and maybe will just try the MPE because for me I enjoy the stock power band and maybe just want more sound. Also, not sure if anyone knows, is the MPPK tied to the VIN forever, because if it can be transferred PM me if you live around San Jose, CA.
Kevin - would you expand a bit on your comment about "needing to be in 3-6 all the time"? I am not understanding your dissatisfaction comments. I have a new X5 x35i in production now and am trying to grasp the pros and cons of adding the MPPK. The primary purpose is improved acceleration from around 45 mph to 85 mph. I have what I believe is more of a European driving style - no interest in 0-60 sprints or louder exhaust notes. When driving up the Grapevine or Altamont pass I want to be able to quickly get out of those "wreck about to happen" gaggle of cars or get to my exit that a Toyota Prius is currently blocking.
Appreciate 0