01-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #19
LBBX5M
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5M F85 Akra, RaceChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Its not as easy as just adding the numbers together. Peak gains and max gains don't always occur at the same RPM. In this case Peak numbers occurs at ~6000 RPM. Max HP gain over stock is also at that location. However the max HP gain over stage 1 (whats quoted) occurs in the 4000-4250 RPM range.

Stage 2 does not require the intake or the exhaust technically but if you want to get the quoted power gains you would want the intake and tune. The exahust for all practical purposes is just a sound improvement. The power gained from it is all at the upper part of the RPM register. Would work for all exhausts as well, no matter the brand, and not need any specific adjustments. The exception would be if the exhaust removed the CAT's in which case it would result in a CEL which the system does not correct for (emissions legality) nor optimize for.

The aim with the turbo engines with all successive stages is to "flip the tip" of the upper HP curve so that instead of falling off at peak it continues to pull all the way to redline. This usually means having varying amounts at boost at the various loads in order to achieve that.
Dear Respected Dinan Engineering,
You have not commented on Onfirex5. I have RC installed and I got a call from your rep. in AbuDhabi about the stage 2 before it was publicly announced here. It will take some track numbers to convince me of the performance and a Vbox too
Appreciate 0