03-10-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
feven1026
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fknid View Post
I have a 2014 X5 50i and have been having a jerk feeling when initially moving off since 30,000 km (currently 55,000 km). It got to the point where it was doing it when warm as well. Never got a CEL. Mine presents like the engine is about to stall, but then the engine rpm jumps to stop a stall.

I reset the engine adaptations using ISTA+ and this made a huge difference.

After resetting engine adaptations the issues was gone for the next 100 kms and then came back to only doing it when cold.

My feeling about this is that mine is adapting the engine poorly for low throttle input. The first 100 kms after the reset was a dream to drive. There could be something out of spec (coils, vacuum or air leak).

I also thought that maybe an update to firmware with another adaptation reset might help.

I’m interested to see what you find out.
guess what.

my indy replaced all rest 4 coils for right bank #5.6.7.8. and 8 new NGK plugs.
fire up then all right bank mis fire. lol he is like WTF.
he exchanged coils and plugs for right bank and left bank, still shows mis fire #5.6.7.8.
finally, he left the car to charge the battery for 1 hour. error messages are gone.
however, i can still feel it is bit shaky, he said it may need ECU software update and it may take few hours. my ECU software never updated since 2016.
Appreciate 0