04-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #39
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
As I had mentioned, when I coded the HUD turnsignal codes and the iDrive system rebooted, I was notified of an instrument panel error and it stated that I would need to go to a service center.

Started up car today and noticed little "i" logo (or was it an explanation point, can't remember) on left of instrument cluster and noticed that clock was blank (no time displayed, just --:--). I went to settings in iDrive, unchecked auto time set then manually set the time and date. Rechecked box for auto time set and everything back to normal. Little warning logo disappeared and time is normal again.

Just FYI if you run into this.
Brad,
Yes, that happened because you resetted the HUD module where it clears out everything. You just need to uncheck the auto time set, exit the menu to have the settings saved, then go back in and re-check the auto time set.
I don't remember exactly, but I think after a few time of coding and recoding, I just left it alone and it updates by itself after the car went to sleep.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0