View Single Post
      03-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #23
FourDoor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

LOL I'm glad you guys are enjoying this little toy build! I'm having a blast putting it together too. Once my boy is walking, I'm gonna put him to work to clean and help maintain it. LOL

As far as curbing the rims... too soon guys! Too soon!

For the reflectors, yeah it's awesome that they are already colored. One less thing to paint. For the fogs, I used the VHT tint spray to darken them up but I may have gotten a little too overzealous with the spray since the one little LED behind it could barely be seen now. I was going to look at some brighter LEDs to install where the fogs are maybe down the road so that it can shine through the tint. But for now, one less blinking piece on the car is kind of nice.

And yes! I need to figure out how to do a drop on this thing after I get the cosmetics done! I literally stared at the front axle and steering components yesterday for an hour last night trying to see what I could do to lower it. From what I can see, I can do a 1" drop just by cutting the frame tube that's holding the the axle/steering component but I need 1.5" for the front and 1.75" in the back at least to get rid of the gap.

Maybe I need to bring it to Ben @ RGS do a custom coilover suspension for it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0