Thread: 35d Full Report
View Single Post
      11-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #18
tnikolov
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d,Porsche 911 Turbo S

Hey mate, great build! Congrats! I have had troubles finding a build to look exactly like mine and also did hell of a lot of reading to try to self-explain some of the extras. It's really useful what you did, wonderful info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
17) 451 20" Wheels - These are by far my favorite X5 wheels and they fill the space nicely (These are not available for the M Line). 20" wheels look much more substantial on the X5 and change the posture of the car quite a bit. As stated above, in the Luxury Line the 20" wheels also give you the sportier trim over the wheel wells.
I also ordered those for summers.. how they look on your car!

Quote:
22) Assisted Steering - I did not get this because I want responsive steering at ALL times. While this system might help in a parking lot, I have found that the standard electronic steering makes it very easy to navigate the car. Not sure why more would be needed. Also, many have reported that at higher speeds it can make you a bit unsure of how the car will respond. Only get this if you have tried maneuvering the car in a parking lot and had difficulty. Do not get it UNLESS you have tried it.
I've opted in for this one, as I have to maneuver at tight garages all the time and it is useful not to have to turn the wheel that much. I have tried the feature on E70 and it didn't feel bad at all. I haven't also experienced any troubles in high speeds. Hope it's not reaaaaly bad in high speeds as you say...

Also I've opted out for the comfort rear seats, as they had mixed opinions here in the forum. Reading what you say makes me think I've done all the bad choices :/
Retired - 2011 F10 550i xDrive
Appreciate 0