11-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #41
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post
Can anyone say from experience or certain that LED lights are brighter than xenon? The impression I get is that it's certainly more versatile, responsive/adaptive!

I'm thinking of ordering a M50d before the end of the year ! Will post a proposed spec soon and welcome feedback :-)
They are bright and bounces back most surfaces clearly where xenons did not, especially painted road signs, lane marker, etc they just glow right back at you , see my following comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
Let me put it this way... Where I live we don't have many cars around driving with LED headlights – mostly halogens and xenons. And even when I pass by a 2014 MB ML/GL (those have one of the brightest xenons I've encountered on the road yet) – I still feell like I’m literally the only real light source out there when driving around at night. So, long story short - just go for LED.

P.S. Believe me, come 2016-2017 - we'll be all switching to lasers Not just because they're times better than LEDs, but because designers are able to shape them any way they like - and that's what matters a lot these days (another reason while you're going to see more and more LED headlights on the roads).
To be honest, with my 2012 E70, I had a similar experience. I was always outshining whoever was in front of me, including benzes and audis, but I can't tell if their light was more forward focused than spread, because in E70 Xenons were extremely precise, they would not flood out of place or spread unevenly. I had a perfectly visible line which made it very distinguishable from whoever was in front of me, even if they had set of xenons. With LED's I do not experience this anymore, they are just spreading everywhere and they are surely leveled higher than xenons. I haven't had a chance to compare xenons and LEDs on F15, but all I can say is I am glad I got the LEDs, I am pretty sure F15 xenons are very similar if not the same as E70's which means road signs and markers do not shine right back at you no matter how far you are.
Could $1900 be spent elsewhere? Definitely. I ran out of options and this was the only other thing that would be useful for me and if I wanted to get something else or upgrade then I would have to sacrifice other stuff like driver assistance, hud, etc.. and I didn't want to do that.