View Single Post
      08-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #15
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyantA View Post
Thanks for all the input everyone. I have asked once for accident details - instead I got a video tour of the vehicle lol.

I think it is the rarity of this combo that has my interest. The question that keeps coming up with my wife is "if it is the case that these parts are so expensive, meaning 15k isn't much for a repair... do I want a vehicle that costs THAT much to do work on?!"

I think that's a valid question. My e90 needed some work done over its 10 year life but I've repeatedly been told "you're lucky you're not driving a 5-series/x5...

Certainly there are other options out there but what I'm looking for seems to be pretty rare.

It's interesting though. Features I thought I wanted seem to give people trouble / put people off. Ventilated seats? Seems people on these boards are not so happy (or with the whole AC system for that matter). Soft close doors... they open on people while driving!?

Is it not wise to look at 2014s - year of the redesign?

I had been looking at 2013. I much prefer the price point but I'm apprehensive. I think it has more cargo space but it's harder to find one with fewer kilometers. Also the iDrive seems to be far clunkier. Anyone have any input on pre F15 X5s?
I went from the E70 to the F15. It's night and day. I dropped my E70 off one for service, and they gave me an F15 loaner. I had it for a few days. The day I got my E70 back, it was like driving a car that was 10 years older. Don't buy the E70, stick with the F15.
Appreciate 1
DuSh2112.50