View Single Post
      10-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #70
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
In Mac setup Bootcamp (pre installed, free), then install Windows (need to purchase a copy/license?)

This (above) is also an excellent suggestion, coming from a coding pro.

Logmein also works across operating systems, for screen sharing and control. The basic service is free, and even has an smartphone/tablet app that lets you control the destination.

Tangent: this is an excellent thread and I recommend using the thread tool above to submit it to the home page.
Thanks, Niko! I added all the MAC info to my coding thread at the very top. This is useful info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeo2002 View Post
Nice instalation but quality of this display not deserve to be in BMW. I would stay with my regular cluster in x5 if there will be cluster with quality of idrive LCD ok then i will install it but so far It Looks like KIA QUALITY
I can assure you it's not a Kia quality, display . It's very crisp and bright. The pictures/video do not do it justice. Also, the iDrive has a huge box to allow for higher quality components, so you can't compare it to that at all. What you can compare it to is the i8 display, which is gorgeous, but having that kind of display in the X5 would be MUCH more expensive; BMW also wouldn't put it in the X5 because they want to keep certain materials to the i8 only otherwise less people would be inclined to buy it - that's marketing.

However, we're all entitled to our own opinion . You are probably used to seeing the new S-Class or Audi displays:

Last edited by opasha; 10-01-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0